The AP58-LFR is a ruggedized enterprise class wireless AP de-veloped to provide outstanding functionality. This product is ideal for providing maximum coverage for wireless distribution to busi-ness and homes. It is easy to install with a choice of antennas including high gain omni (up to 15 dBi), sector (up to 17 dBi), flat panel (up to 26 dBi), parabolic dish (up to 32 dBi), or a mobile omni (up to 9 dBi).
Power to the AP58-LFR is provided by the CAT-5 Ethernet cable using a 48VDC Power Over Ethernet module. The AP58-LFR is designed with a weatherproof Ethernet connector which allows the use of a standard CAT-5 cable. The AP58-LFR includes a full router capability typically available only on standalone enterprise class routers. Flexibility and scalability is the key hallmark of the AP58-LFR Series with features such as full VLAN capability on the Ethernet interface.
- 802.11a capable 54 Mbps Wireless Access Point
- Amplified Super Range 400 mW radio with a choice of exter-nal antennas such as omni, sector, flat panel, dish, or mobile
- Weatherproof – attractive cast aluminum NEMA 4 packaging works indoors or outdoors; N-Female connectors for RF and standard a weather proof RJ45 Ethernet connector
- POE – Universal Input (110/240 VAC) 48VDC Power Supply with Power Over Ethernet (POE) Injector (Low voltage special factory option available)
- VLAN – supports 802.1Q VLAN protocol; up to 4095 VLAN interfaces per physical Ethernet interface
- VAP – Virtual Access Point support. Setup up to 128 SSIDs on the Wireless LAN with their own unique MAC addresses, rout-er, DHCP/NAT and security settings
- Security – Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) and WiFi Protect-ed Access (WPA) capable, AES Encryption
- Wireless Distribution System – Allows packets to pass from one wireless AP to another
- Bandwidth control capability on wireless and Ethernet side
- Firewall – built in configurable firewall capability with stateful packet filtering and NAT
- Router – full functionality, DHCP server and client, DNS server and client, and bridging; WLAN peer to peer user access con-trol; RIP v1 / v2, OSPF v2, BGP v4, Universal Plug and Play support
- DSL Support – PPoE protocol for connection to DSL modem
- Hotspot support with Radius authentication and accounting
- Second Radio Option – second radio can be ordered as a 2.4 GHz AP/bridge, 5.8 GHz AP/bridge or a CPE
- Tools – ping; traceroute; bandwidth test; ping flood; Telnet; SSH; packet sniffer; Dynamic DNS update tool
- Winbox – Microsoft Windows based AP configuration tool allows access to all AP58-LFR functions
Routing & Networking
- Routing – Static routing; Equal cost multi-path routing; Policy based routing; RIP v1/v2, OSPF v2 and BGP v4.
- Firewall and NAT – Stateful packet filtering; source and destination NAT; classification by source MAC, IP addresses and address types, port range, IP protocols, interfaces, internal packet and connection marks ToS (DSCP) byte, content, matching sequence/frequency, packet size, time, etc.
- Bandwidth Management & QoS – limit data rate for certain IP addresses, subnets, protocols, ports and other parameters; limit peer to peer traffic; prioritize some packet flows over others; use queue bursts for faster web browsing; apply queues on fixed time intervals, share available traffic among users equally, or depending on the load of the channel.
- HotSpot Gateway – authentication of clients using local client database, or RADIUS server accounting using local database, or RADIUS server Walled-garden system (accessing some web pages without authorization).
- SOCKS – proxy server that allows TCP based application data to relay across the firewall, even if the firewall would block the packets. The SOCKS protocol is independent from application protocols, so it can be used for many services, e.g., WWW, FTP, TELNET, and others.
- VLAN – an implementation of the 802.1Q VLAN protocol. It allows multiple virtual LANs on a single Ethernet interface, giving the ability to segregate LANs efficiently. It supports up to 4095 VLAN interfaces per Ethernet interface.
- Cast Aluminum NEMA 4 en-closure
- Power over Ethernet Injector with Surge Suppressor & 48VDC power supply; 110/240 VAC input. CAT-5 cable can be ordered separately.
- CDROM with Windows based configuration software.
Ordering Information (Professional Installation Required)
|Single Radio||AP58-LFR-00||5.8 GHz 802.11a high power access point with N-Female connector, external antenna ordered separately
Power Over Ethernet
|Dual Radio||AP58-LFR-58||5.8 GHz 802.11a high power access point with N-Female connector, external antenna ordered separately
Second 5.8 GHz 802.11a radio with N–Female connector, external antenna ordered separately
Power Over Ethernet
|Dual Radio||AP58-LFR-24||5.8 GHz 802.11a high power access point with N-Female connector, external antenna ordered separately
Second 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g radio with N–Female connector, external antenna ordered separately
Power Over Ethernet